St. Catherine of Siena is open to all children regardless of religion, race. sex, color, nationality, or ethnic
origin. All rights,
privileges, programs, and activities are available to all of our students. Students are eligible for
Pre-Kindergarten Three if they are three years old, Pre-Kindergarten Four if they are four years old,
Kindergarten if they are five years old, and First Grade if they are six years old by September 30.
Priority preference will be given to children of the Roman Catholic religion.
Registration does not guarantee placement in the school if the school is not able to serve
the needs of the student. There is an Individual Needs Committee (INC) to consider student academic
concerns as recommended.
St. Catherine of Siena will accept students according to
the following categories until class
size is full.
Pre-Kindergarten = 20 to
Kindergarten = 25
7th grade = 25 to 27
- Siblings of present students.
- Children of families living in SCS parish who are registered, participating and contributing.
- Children of families living outside SCS parish boundaries who are registered, participating, and
- Children of families who are new contributing parishioners who
recently moved into the parish.
- Children of St. Catherine of Siena Alumni
- Catholic students without a parish school
- Out-of-parish students
- In the case of a student transferring from another Archdiocesan Catholic school, the principal will
investigate the status (academic, financial obligations and discipline) of the student by conferring with
the previous principal, and by reviewing the report card and pertinent records. The students and
parents may be required to have an interview with the administration of the school.
NEW STUDENT ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Copies of the following certificates are required for entry into all grades and must be presented at the
time of registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate (Catholic only)
- Immunization Records (see Health Records)
- Church Support Envelope Number (If member of St. Catherine Parish)
- Social Security Number
- Report Card (if applicable)
- Divorced or separated parents must supply a court certified copy of the custody section of the
divorce or separation decree to the school office
- Any additional pertinent records
It is the responsibility of the custodial parent to furnish the school with a copy of the custody section of
the divorce decree. This school abides by the provisions of the Buckley Amendment with respect to
the rights of the non-custodial parent. In the absence of a court order to the contrary, the school will
provide the non-custodial parent with access to the academic records and to other school-related
information regarding the child. If there is a court order specifying that there is to be no information
given, it is the responsibility of the custodial parent to provide the school with an official copy of the
court order. This also applies to guardianship.